Signature Medical Group and the Arthritis Foundation know that the health of our patients and those in our community is more than treating illnesses. That’s why we are committed to educating on issues related to healthcare through our Signature Speaks community education program.
Mid County Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine and The Arthritis Foundation of Missouri are offering a free community education event on knee pain. John Tessier, MD will discuss common causes of knee pain and share insight on the many different treatment options available today.
Dr. Tessier’s presentation will include:
- Causes of Knee Pain
- Typical Progression of Joint and Knee Arthritis
- Non-Surgical Treatment Options Including Stem Cell Therapy
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Partial and Total Knee Replacement
- Successful Replacement Recovery
- David Strege, MD will present on hand and wrist injuries including the myths of jammed fingers. Dr. Strege is a fellowship-trained hand specialist and board-certified orthopedic surgeon.
- Scott Zehnder, MD will discuss common hip and knee injuries he sees in young athletes and ways to prevent reinjury. Dr. Zehnder is a sports medicine focused board-certified orthopedic surgeon.
- David Anderson, MD will focus on sports related overuse injuries and fractures. Dr. Anderson is a board-certified pediatric orthopedic surgeon.
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases