When Do I See a Urologist?

female_docHealthcare can often be challenging to navigate and knowing when to see a specialist versus your primary care doctor may seem confusing.  But, most of the time (although, you can still call to set up an appointment), you will see a primary care doctor and then get referred to a urological specialist.  Urology is a branch of medicine that deals with the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs.  A primary care doctor can refer you to a urologist or making an appointment is as simple as a click. You may need to give your Signature Medical Group Urologist a call if any of these things are going on with your body:

  1. Any sign of male infertility. A portion of male infertility is due to testicular cancer.
  2. Blood in the urine. This can be a sign of bladder or kidney cancer.
  3. An abnormal prostate exam.
  4. Any abnormality of the kidney found on a prostate exam.
  5. A testicular mass or pain.
  6. An elevated or changed PSA.  Your doctor will explain more about PSA during your visit.

Our Board Certified Urologists specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases, disorders, injuries, and deformities of the male reproductive organs in addition to problems with both genders’ urinary tracts.  Our doctors conduct operations and perform various other treatments on the bladder, kidneys, prostate, uterus, urethra, and adrenal gland.  To set up an appointment, simply click request an appointment and someone from Signature Medical Group will get in touch with you!