Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2017 in Videos
Childbirth instructor and registered nurse Wendy Nichols highlights warning signs during pregnancy. If you experience any of these symptoms during pregnancy, they should be reported to your doctor.
Hi, my name is Wendy Nichols. I'm a registered nurse and the childbirth instructor for Signature Medical Group. Today we're going to talk about warning signs to report to your OB provider.
If you experience any of these signs, they would be outside of normal pregnancy and it would be important for you to contact your OB provider.
- Vaginal bleeding
- A temperature of 100 degrees or greater
- Pain or burning with urination
- Puffiness around the eyes that continues past wake up time
- Sudden dramatic swelling in your face, your hands, your ankles, your legs, and your feet
- Vision problems such as spots, blurry vision, lightning bolts, headache
- Any vomiting or diarrhea lasting 24 hours or longer
- Major change in your baby's movement or sudden pain in your abdomen
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, they would be considered outside of normal pregnancy changes and we would want you to pay attention and notify your OB provider.