Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns is a funded program through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) that aims to improve prenatal care, health care delivery, and pregnancy outcomes for pregnant women and their families. A grant to implement the Strong Start program was awarded to Signature Medical Group, a physicians group that includes eight OB/GYN offices that provide excellent healthcare services in the greater St. Louis area and surrounding counties as well as in Kansas City and Bolivar.
The Strong Start program offers a comprehensive prenatal health care program for pregnant women. The Strong Start team assists women with Medicaid insurance enrollment, connects them to a Signature Medical Group OB/GYN of their choice, and provides additional care and support with a nurse navigator and prenatal care coordinator. The comprehensive medical team is patient centered and focuses on increasing access to prenatal health care and improving health outcomes for women and children. Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns is an innovative program that addresses all aspects of a woman’s health.
The Strong Start program includes:
– Care from a comprehensive medical team with OB/GYN physicians, nurses, nurse navigator and prenatal care coordinator
– Premature birth risk assessment
– Child birth classes
– Care coordination, home visits and additional support services
– Referrals to additional resources, such as breast feeding, housing, nutrition education, behavioral health, financial planning, and other services as needed
– Assistance with Medicaid enrollment
To enroll or receive additional information, please contact Maribeth Hollinshead, RN, MSN at 314-805-7081 or firstname.lastname@example.org