Whether you’re an elite competitor, a “weekend warrior,’’ or enjoy playing with the kids, Signature Medical Group specialists treat patients of all ages for a variety of sports injuries.
As sports medicine physicians, we have specialized training in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of injuries that occur during sports and other physical activities.
We offer orthopedic services to help athletes at all levels perform at their highest potential. We provide injury prevention, injury evaluation and orthopedic surgery, including minimally invasive options. Each of our orthopedic surgeons specialize in one or more of the following areas: foot, ankle, knee, hip, hand, elbow, shoulder, spine and wrist.
Our team of orthopedic doctors can help you recover from virtually any sports-related injury. We are trained in the comprehensive medical and surgical care of sports-related injuries and conditions.
Among the injuries we can treat:
- Meniscus cartilage injuries: sports that require “cutting,” or rapid change in direction like basketball, soccer and hockey.
- Rotator cuff problems: common among weight lifters, swimmers, tennis players, volleyball players, baseball players.
- Shin splints: runners and sports with extended running.
- Elbow tendinitis: tennis players, racquetball and squash players, golfers, fencers.
- Sprains, fractures and dislocations : they affect all age groups and can occur with trauma or sports.
- ACL tears: basketball, soccer, hockey and volleyball.
- Achilles tendinitis: runners.
- Lower back pain: affects all age groups.
Young athletes are important to Signature physicians, too. Kids’ muscles, bones, tendons and ligaments still have lots of growing to do, which makes them more prone to sports injuries. Our doctors provide the most professional sports injury care available for children and young adults.
And we’re proud to point out that our sports medicine specialists worked with the newly crowned Missouri Class 5 state champion Vianney High football team.
Our pediatric sports medicine specialists’ services include:
• Fracture management with x-rays, splinting and casting for broken bones
• Consultations regarding injury prevention, injury related complications, return to sport evaluations and sports nutrition
• Sports nutrition consultation offerings personalized for the young athlete to optimize their sports performance
No matter your age or activity level, Signature Medical Group physicians will do their best to keep you on the field.