Areas of Interest
Spine Surgery, Cervical Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Lumbar Surgery, Decompression with Interlaminar, Stabilization® Device, RegenaDISC®
Dr. Benjamin Crane is a board-certified, fellowship-trained spine surgeon, specializing in the evaluation and treatment of spine-related injuries and disorders. Dr. Crane is a spine surgeon at our St. Louis area South County and Fenton locations.
Some of the spine conditions Dr. Crane treats are:
- Cervical Radiculopathy (Pinched nerve in neck)
- Cervical Mylopathy (Compression of the spinal cord in the neck)
- Lumbar Radiculopathy (Nerve root compression in lower back)
- Lumbar Stenosis (Narrowing of the spinal canal in lower back)
- Spine Trauma
- Compression Fractures/Osteoporotic Compression Fractures (Compressed vertebrae)
- Osteomyelitis and Discitis (Spinal inflammation and infection)
- Epidural Abscess (Collection of pus and germs between the brain and spinal cord)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Total Disc Arthroplasty (Disc replacement)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Instrumented Fusion (Removal of herniated or degenerative neck disc)
- Posterior Cervical Decompression and Fusion
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Computer-Navigated Instrumentation
- Lumbar Decompression and Fusion
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Discectomy (Disc removal)
- Laminotomy and Foraminotomy (Spinal decompression)
As an orthopedic surgeon specialized in spine, Dr. Crane finds great satisfaction in problem-solving. By working with his patients, Dr. Crane pieces information together to provide accurate diagnosis' and treatment which ultimately help his spine patients get back to living their lives.
Outside of work, Dr. Crane enjoys hiking and spending time with his three children.
Dr. Crane accepts all major insurances including Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), and UnitedHealthcare (UHC). For more information, visit our Insurance page. Always verify insurance with your insurance provider.
Fellowship: Spine Surgery, Leatherman Spine Center
Residency: Rush University Medical Center
Internship: Rush University Medical Center
Medical School: Rush Medical College
Certifications & Organizations
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery