Areas of Interest
Tendon/Fascia Pathology, Joint/Cartilage Pathology, Nerve Pathology, Sports Injuries, Spine Pain, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound-Guided Injections, Orthobiologic Injections, Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Ultrasound-Guided Percutaneous Ultrasonic Debridement and Tenotomy, Ultrasound-Guided Percutaneous Hand Procedures, Electrodiagnostic Studies, Concussions
Dr. Brit Moore is a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician with subspecialty training in sports medicine and musculoskeletal ultrasound. She sees a variety of conditions from acute injuries while at play to chronic overuse injuries. She specializes in nonoperative management of upper and lower extremity tendon, ligament, muscle, joint, and nerve injuries, as well as evaluation and management of spine pain and concussions. She is trained in performing electrodiagnostics (i.e. EMG and nerve conduction studies) for evaluation of nerve conditions. She is fellowship-trained in musculoskeletal ultrasound, utilizing this for both diagnostic evaluative purposes and to guide procedures.
Procedures Dr. Moore performs range from simple joint and peritendinous injections, to orthobiologic injections like platelet-rich plasma and bone marrow aspirate concentrate, to advanced minimally invasive procedures like Tenex® and carpal tunnel release with ultrasound guidance.
After completing her residency and fellowship training at Mayo Clinic, she was recruited to stay on staff at Mayo Clinic before coming back home to Kansas City to continue her practice at Apex Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. She was shaped by the multidisciplinary, patient-centered environment at Mayo Clinic, bringing the cutting edge pursuit of knowledge and technique learned at Mayo along with a passion to advance care to her hometown of Kansas City, a perfect match with missions laid out by Apex.
Outside of work, Dr. Moore enjoys traveling, cooking, exploring new restaurants, and is always pursuing new fun athletic activities.
Fellowship: Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, Minnesota
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
Internship: University of Missouri School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri
Medical School: Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
Undergraduate Degree: Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
Certifications & Organizations
- Mayo Clinic Quality Fellow: Bronze Level Certification, 2015
- PMR Part I ABPMR Board Certification, Aug 13, 2018
- PMR Part II ABPMR Board Certification, May 2019
- Sports Medicine ABPMR Board Certification, July 2019
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
Team Physician Coverage
- Austins Bruins Hockey team physician, 2018-2020
- James Sewell Ballet Team physician, 2017-2018
- Med City Marathon Medical Coverage Physician, 2016-2020
- Rochester Community & Technical College Team Physician, 2018-2019
- Twin City Marathon Medical Staff 2018
- Course Instructor: Mayo Medical School Musculoskeletal Course Instructor, 2015-2020
- Course Instructor: Mayo PMR Residency Musculoskeletal Physical Exam & Ultrasound Course instructor, 2018-2020
- Course Instructor: Mayo PMR Residency Advanced Ultrasound Course Leader, 2019-2020
- Course Instructor: Advanced Diagnostic Ultrasound of Carpal Tunnel & Demonstration of Percutaneous Carpal Tunnel Release, Interventional Orthopedics Foundation Annual Meeting, 2/2019
- Course Instructor: Advanced Sports Ultrasound Pearls, Skills Lab Trainer, AAPMR National Conference, San Antonio, Texas 11/162019
- Course Instructor: Regenerative Injections for Osteoarthritis: A Practical Office Based Approach, Skills Lab Trainer, AAPMR National Conference, San Antonio, Texas 11/162019
- Course Instructor: Knee Osteoarthritis: What Can I Offer You, Lecture, AAP-ISPMR international conference, Orlando Florida, 3/6/20
- Course Faculty: American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Ultrasound STEP II Course, 2020
- Co-Director: American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Ultrasound STEP II Course, 2020-present
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Member - Kansas University Medical School, Kansas City, Kansas
- Mayo Quality Fellow - Bronze Certification - Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
- PMR Residency Chief Resident, 2017-2018, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
- Earl Elkins Mayo Clinic Outstanding PM&R Resident Award - Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Peer-Reviewed Publications
Moore BJ, Batterson AM, Luetmer MT, Reeves RK. Fibrocartilaginous embolic myelopathy: demographics, clinical presentation, and functional outcomes. Spinal Cord. 2018 Dec; 56 (12):1144-1150 Epub 2018 May 25 PMID: 29802396 DOI: 10.1038/s41393-018-0159-y
Moore BJ, Allison TG. Exercise Intolerance in a High Level Collegiate Female Runner Annals of Sports Medicine and Research. 2020.
Hoffman DF, Sellon JL, Moore BJ, Smith J. Sonoanatomy and Pathology of the Gluteus Minimus Tendon. J Ultrasound Med. 2020 Apr; 39 (4):647-657 Epub 2019 Nov 09 PMID: 31705714 DOI: 10.1002/jum.15156
Johnson WO, Sellon JL, Moore BJ, Levy BA, Lachman N, Finnoff JT. Ultrasound-Guided Iliopsoas Tendon Release: A Cadaveric Investigation. PM R. 2020 Jun 7 Epub 2020 June 07 PMID: 32506581 DOI: 10.1002/pmrj.12430
- Book Chapters
Brault J, Moore B.. Extensor Tendon Injuries. In: Frontera: Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 4 ed. Saunders Elsevier; 2018.
Brault J., Moore B.. Flex Tendon Injuries. In: Frontera: Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 4 ed. Saunders Elsevier; 2018.
Moore BJ, Newcomer K, Prideaux C. Lower leg injury-dance Medicine And Science In Sports And Exercise. 2017 May; 49(5):534-5
Moore Brittany. Fibrocartilaginous Embolic Myelopathy: Epidemiology and Presentation in a Retrospectively-Identified Cohort PM&R. 10/14/2017; 9(9):S139.
Fibrocartilaginous Embolic Myelopathy: Functional Outcomes in a Retrospectively-Identified Cohort PM&R. 10/14/2017; 9(9):S139-S140.
Moore BJ, Jelsing EJ, Finnoff JT. Left anterior arm pain in a 79 year old female Pilates method strength trainer Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2018; 50(Suppl 1):764-5
Moore BJ, Johnson W, Finnoff JT, Smith J, Sellon JL. Distribution of sonographically guided injections of the subgluteus minimus and medius bursae in cadaveric model Medicine And Science In Sports And Exercise. 2019 Jun; 51(6):592