Areas of Interest
Hip Arthroscopy, Hip Labral Repairs, Hip Core Decompression, Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI), Hip Labral Tears, Gluteal Tendinitis, Shoulder Arthroscopy, Shoulder Labral Repairs, Shoulder Injuries, Pain in Athletes, SLAP Injuries, Labral Injuries, Rotator Cuff Injuries, Shoulder Dislocations and Instability, Biceps Tendon Injuries, Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery), Elbow Arthroscopy, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (ACL), Multi-Ligament Knee Injuries (PCL, LCL, MCL), Knee Arthroscopy, Meniscus Repairs, Meniscus Transplantation, Cartilage Repair, Cartilage Restoration Procedures (Osteochondral Autograft Transfers and Osteochondral Allograft Transplants), Knee Osteotomy, Total Shoulder Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, Partial Knee Replacement, Knee Arthritis Treatment (Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Cortisone, Viscosupplementation Injections), Anterior Total Hip Replacement
Dr. Ashley Ali is a board-eligible orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in sports medicine.
"I love that orthopaedic surgery is a multi-faceted specialty where you get to treat patients of all ages in a variety of situations—reducing fractures and casting in an emergency department, visiting with patients in the office setting, and also treating patients in the operating room," Dr. Ali says. "I love working with tools, building/rebuilding things, and I am extremely meticulous—which turn out to be excellent traits for an orthopaedic surgeon. I love that with orthopedic surgery you can see the product of your work; if it’s broken—fix it."
Dr. Ali attended Windsor High School in her hometown of Imperial, Missouri, and played Division I basketball in college.
Dr. Ali accepts all major insurances. For more information go to our Insurance page.
Fellowship: Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas Sports Fellowship
Residency: University of South Florida/Florida Orthopaedic Institute
Medical School: Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Undergraduate: Florida Gulf Coast University
Certifications & Organizations
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
Orthopaedic Trauma Association
Arthroscopy Association of North America
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Awards & Honors
Medical School Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
Medical School Gold Humanism Honor Society
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Rodney M. Coe Distinction in Community Service Award
MD with Distinction in Research Award
Blaine Markee Outstanding Chief Resident Award
- Kuhn KM, Ali A, Boudreau JA, Cannada LK, Watson JT. Antegrade versus retrograde intramedullary nailing of proximal third femur fractures. J Surg Orthop Adv. Winter 2013, 22(4):263-9.
- Kuhn KM, Cannada LK, Watson T J, Ali A, Boudreau JA, Mir HR, Bauer JM, Mullis B, Tucker M, Schlatter D. How high can you go: retrograde nailing of proximal femur fractures. J Surg Orthop Adv. Spring 2017;26(1):33-39.
- Franklin NA, Ali AH, Hurley RK, Mir HR, Beltran MJ. Outcomes of Early Surgical Intervention in Geriatric Proximal Femur Fractures Among Patients Receiving Direct Oral Anticoagulation. Journal of orthopaedic trauma. 2018 Jun 1 ;32(6):269-73.
- Cunningham BP, Ali A; Zaman S, Montalvo R, Reahl B, Rotuno G, Kark J, Bender M, Miller B, Basmajian H, Mclemore R, Shearer D, O'Toole RV, Obremskey WT, Sagi HG.Immediate Weight Bearing as Tolerated (WBAT) Correlates with Decreased Length of Stay Without an Increased Risk of Reoperation post lntramedullary Fixation for Subtrochanteric Fractures, a Multi-Center Retrospective Cohort Study. JOT Submitted. Pending Acceptance
- Santoni BG, Diaz M, Stoops K, Lannon S, Ali A, Sanders R. Biomechanical Investigation of Interlocking Lag Screw Design versus Side Plate and Hip Screw in Unstable lntertrochanteric Fractures. Submitted to JOT.