We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 11/3/2022
Department: Multiple Divisions - Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Front Desk Receptionist – Independence Surgical Clinic
We are currently looking for a Front Desk Receptionist for Independence Surgical Clinic (a division of Signature Medical Group). This position will manage our front desk on a daily basis and perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Retrieves and Identifies insurance benefits and coverages for procedures
- Schedules procedures according to availability of physician and facility
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with facilities and physicians
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Medical office experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-Time, 4 days per week
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Independence, MO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location