We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 7/15/2022
Department: Multiple Divisions - Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Certified Medical Assistant
We are in need of a Certified Medical Assistant for a new medical practice, St. Louis Medical Associates in Chesterfield, a division of Signature Medical Group. We are a small team and are looking for a candidate that can complement our existing team to better serve our patients. Our Certified Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary and documenting information in EHR
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Counsel patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions regarding care or treatment
- Schedules procedures and testing by making arrangements with appropriate clinics, verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders and verifying receipt. Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs and communicating information to the Practice Manager
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Serves and protects SLMA by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a formal medical assisting program from a nationally accredited organization. Achieve a passing score on the Certified Medical Assistant or the Registered Medical Assistant Examination through the AAMA. Certification by National Association or state and ongoing BLS certification
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Minimum of 1 year clinic experience
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-Time, more than 30 hours but less than 40 (this position is benefits eligible)
Schedule is Tuesday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
Pay is negotiable based on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer