We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 9/21/2021
Department: Orthopedics - Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Orthopedic
Seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician’s Assistant for a large orthopedic practice in St. Charles County. This role will be to provide office orthopedic treatment for fracture and soft tissue injuries, osteoarthritis, acute spine injuries, and other general orthopedic concerns. Applicant will work alongside an experienced orthopedic physician. Applicants should have excellent diagnostic and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to team building.
- Performing comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnose and establish a working diagnosis. Formulate a treatment plan for Orthopedic problems within scope of practice. Implement therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate. Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising Orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals.
- Order, collect, and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures, and studies including but not limited to blood and tissue specimens. Ordering or performing diagnostic studies such as but not limited to EMG, x-ray examinations, CT, MRI, and bone scans etc.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to joint and bursa aspirations, closed reduction of fractures and dislocations, injections of joints, tendons, trigger points and bursa, as well as brace, cast and splint applications.
- Conduct hospital rounds, write orders and take call for the Orthopedic surgeon. Evaluate and clarify clinical conditions, formulate and implement a treatment or therapeutic plan for hospitalized patients, dictate discharge summaries, histories and physicals.
- Order, prescribe, dispense, and administer medication, orthosis, orthotics, braces and other Orthopedic devices as may be allowed by state legislation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Orthopedic and/or physical medicine background is a plus
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) and Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation and holidays
- CME annual allowance
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer