We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 9/10/2021
Department: Orthopedics - Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Summary: The coder is responsible for reviewing and analyzing documentation for professional services to assign diagnoses/procedure codes as described in the providers’ hospital notes and operative reports. This position includes daily use of Allscripts practice management system, applying appropriate modifiers following global procedure coding edits and surgery coding from operative reports. There may be other given tasks as needed on a daily basis. The job requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and a positive attitude.
- Code surgical cases and hospital E/M visits from physician’s operative notes
- Work with providers to resolve coding issues
- Edit and complete surgery orders in NextGen EHR
- Watch for system edits to file clean claims
- Completes work in a timely manner to facilitate timely claims filing.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by communicating irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential
Skills & Qualifications:
Experience: Previous medical coding experience, preferably physician office
- Coding/billing experience, Orthopedics a plus
- CPT and ICD-10 knowledge, certification required
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and ability to multi task
- Positive attitude and capacity to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Solid computer keyboard skills
- Allscripts (billing system) and NextGen (EHR) experience a plus
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) and Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation and holidays
Legal Statement: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer