We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 9/30/2020
Department: Multiple Divisions - Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Summary: Responsible for batching, charge entry and balancing of the daily office encounters for a large orthopedic practice. This includes data entry in the Allscripts practice management system, applying appropriate modifiers and following global procedure coding edits. There may be other given tasks as needed on a daily basis. The job requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and a positive attitude.
- Balancing provider daily office schedules to the encounter (charge) forms turned in from the reception desk.
- Reviewing encounter forms to apply modifiers and ICD-10 codes as appropriate with diagnosis reports from the medical record (NextGen)
- Make contact with clinical staff for any clarifications or missing information.
- Entry of procedure codes from encounter forms in the Allscripts billing system and charge balancing
- Watch for system edits to file clean claims
- Completes work in a timely manner to facilitate timely claims filing.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by communicating irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience: Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferably physician office
- Medical office reception or coding/billing experience is a plus
- CPT and ICD-10 knowledge preferred (certification not required)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and ability to multi task
- Positive attitude and capacity to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Solid computer keyboard skills
- Allscripts (billing system) and NextGen (EHR) experience a plus
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) and Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation and holidays
Legal Statement: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer