Date Posted: 9/18/2018
Department: Tammie Cooper
Type of Employment: Full-Time
This position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a matter that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The medical assistant maintains professional relationships with patients and their representatives and with medical staff while upholding clinic guidelines and maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
- Report to practice administrator
- Promote infection prevention by complying with all policies for hand hygiene, environmental cleanliness and appropriate storage. Universal precautions must be understood and followed.
- Perform nursing procedures under supervision of physician or physician assistant
- Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, accurately measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and carefully document all information in patient’s chart
- Assist in various procedures, as instructed by physician or PA, such as venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs, immunizations, and other injections.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or physician assistant
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization as required
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and physician assistants
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned by clinical coordinator or practice administrator
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Medical assistant certification (if applicable)
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment, physician office operations, and medical terminology.
- Proficient in various office products and computer programs.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) and Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation and holidays
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer