We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 9/16/2019
Department: Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
As the Medical Records Clerk you will maintain confidential records in an electronic database. You will also be responsible for filing, scanning, assisting on phone calls with patients, as well as some other given tasks as needed on a daily basis. The job requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter with experience using Microsoft Office and NextGen software.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices; retrieving information from automated printer
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential
Skills & Qualifications:
- Required Education: High School Diploma or GED is required
- Experience: Two years of experience in a healthcare setting preferably physician office
- Office reception or file clerk experience is a plus, but not required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and ability to multi task
- Positive attitude and capacity to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Solid computer skills, NextGen experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) and Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation and holidays
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer