We are looking for talented people to join our team of dedicated team members, and have career opportunities available at a variety of locations throughout the greater St. Louis and Kansas City regions.
Date Posted: 9/16/2019
Department: Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Radiologic technologist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for taking x-ray exams and related duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Chief Technologist.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
- Documents correct CPT and fee for each exam performed.
- Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to the appropriate maintenance company.
- Logs radiologic procedures completed in patient record. Processes related paperwork using the appropriate forms.
- Maintains examination rooms and supplies. Stocks necessary administrative and radiologic supplies.
- Utilizes PACS system. Maintains accurate and orderly x-ray records. Delivers, picks up and returns film.
- Performs other special duties as required or assigned to ensure efficient clinical hours.
EDUCATION: Graduate of accredited x-ray technician program.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one-year x-ray service experience, preferably in an orthopedic setting.
REQUIREMENTS: Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist registration.
- Knowledge of x-ray procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
- Skill in positioning patients properly.
- Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
- Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, patients and families.
Exam and treatment rooms. Exposure to radiation, communicable diseases and other conditions common to radiology setting.
Standing 4-6 hours/day, walking, stooping, and bending. Requires ability to move equipment and transfer patients. Occasional stress in working with tense patients.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer