- Location: Saint Louis, MO
- Industry: Healthcare
- Category: 29-0000 Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
- Hours: Full-time, 40
- Salary: Inquire
The RN case manager will utilize the nursing process to provide optimal quality and continuity of nursing care from the pre-operative setting through a ninety day episode of care. The Case Manager will develop care plans that are specific to each patients physical, mental and social needs, based on pre-surgical clinical assessments. The care plans will be implemented and modified, as needed throughout the transition of care to ensure the patients well-being and achievement of the desired outcomes. The case manager will work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient and family education, communication with health care providers and coordination and facilitation of services within an episode of care.
- Responsible for managing a group of Medicare orthopedic population throughout a ninety day episode of care, as part of the Bundled Payment Care Initiative.
- Gather clinical information from the EMR and telephonic health assessments to determine risk stratification (This includes a comprehensive assessment of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient).
- Document clinical assessments and care plans in Pinpoint case management system.
- Educate the patient and caregiver of the process and expectations of the health care delivery system throughout the course of care, AR, SNF, LTAC, Home Care.
- Development and implementation of care plans throughout the transition of care to ensure the patients well-being.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members in the acute, post-acute and outpatient settings to identify patient needs such as home health care, DME, physical therapy and community services.
- Follow up on patients at pre-determined intervals and as needed based on patient status, telephonic and on-site.
- Complete and submit all required documentation within established guidelines.
- Evaluate plan of care and revise on ongoing basis as determined by patient’s health status and communicate changes to all other disciplines involved in the patient’s care.
- Communicate with providers and multi-disciplinary care team members to facilitate transition of services throughout the continuum of care.
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans to ensure that discharged patients receive appropriate resources and services.
- Understand the Bundled Payment Program design, implementation, management, monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
- Adhere to the scope of practice for the Registered Professional Nurse per state regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information per HIPAA and Signature Medical Group guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current unrestricted RN license in state of residence.
- Minimum of 2-3 years nursing experience in a hospital setting or telephonic case management experience required.
- Preferred candidates BSN certified case managers or experience with discharge planning and outpatient care coordination.
- 2-3 years of RN and/or case manager experience
- Orthopedic experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with a flexible and creative approach.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate professionally and effectively with all member of the healthcare team as well as in simple, concise and soothing language to patients and their families.
- Uses appropriate telephone etiquette when performing telephonic duties.
We have wonderful benefits that include the standard stuff:
- PTO (Paid Time Off) that you earn based on hours worked each pay period.
- Eight (8) paid holidays
- Employee benefits:
- Health coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (including orthodontic option)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance coverage
But here’s what makes working with us really special:
We celebrate your birthday with you by presenting you with a special birthday check each year.
We sponsor and participate in technology, government, business, education and healthcare events. We work with and for local charities—especially our sister charity, The Signature Health Care Foundation.
We are honored by and recognize our employees individual achievements and milestones as they contribute to our organizational mission of providing excellent care.
HR requires that we refer to our frequent Informal Social Gatherings as anything besides, “parties, shindigs, happy hours, etc.” Let’s just say that we like to have fun at our offices.