When you turn 50, it is an exciting and momentous occasion. Your career has blossomed, your children are most likely soon to be out of the house (or you’re an empty nester) and you have retirement to look forward to. While the annual doctor visits may not be the most appealing aspect of this milestone birthday, they are absolutely necessary to ensure that person’s health and longevity of life. Here are the six routine appointments and tests needed once you pass this age.
- An annual colonoscopy is necessary to check for any tumors, ulcers, or areas of inflammation in the inner lining of one’s large intestine. Colorectal doctors or Gastroenterologists can provide this type of screening.
- Testing your blood pressure is essential to determine if you have dangerously high blood pressure. Signature Medical Group ObGyn in St. Louis, Bolivar or Kansas City can help you to keep your blood pressure at the best levels.
- Controlling your cholesterol can add years to your life so make sure you get this checked at least once every five years.
- A blood sugar test is necessary because untreated diabetes can lead to serious health problems.
- Check your skin for any unusual spots or moles.
- Women need annual pelvic exams, pap smears, and mammograms. Early detection of cancer is the best possible way to beat it.
At Signature Medical Group, we strive to ensure our patients’ the highest possible quality of life. We are able to do that largely because of these tests. By investing a small portion of your time at these appointments, you may add quality years to your life. At 50 years old, you are in the prime of your life; don’t let health issues rob you of that. Call today to make an appointment with our team of doctors in Kansas City, Bolivar and St. Louis.