The Signature Maternity Care Home Model implemented by Signature Medical Group offers a comprehensive prenatal health care program for pregnant women. The Signature Maternity Care Home Model began when Signature Medical Group received a Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI). The program aims to improve prenatal care, health care delivery, and pregnancy outcomes for pregnant women and their families. Currently seven Signature Medical Group OB/GYN offices participate in the program and provide healthcare services in the greater St. Louis area and surrounding counties as well as in Kansas City and Bolivar.
The Maternity Care team assists women with Medicaid insurance enrollment, connects them to a Signature Medical Group OB/GYN of their choice, and addresses a variety of stressors patients may be facing. The interdisciplinary medical team is patient centered and focuses on increasing access to prenatal health care and improving health outcomes for women and children. The Signature Maternity Care Home Model is an innovative program that addresses all aspects of a woman’s health within a trauma-informed framework.
The Signature Maternity Care Home Model includes:
– Care coordination and support from an interdisciplinary medical team that includes OB/GYN clinical teams of physicians and nurses, a nurse navigator, and a perinatal care coordinator
– Biopsychosocial risk assessments and depression screening
– Child birth and nutrition education classes
– Services delivered through home, office, or by telephone
– Referrals to reliable resources including: breast feeding, housing, transportation, nutrition education, behavioral health, financial planning, and other services as needed
– Assistance with Medicaid application and approval process
To enroll or receive additional information, please contact Maribeth Hollinshead, RN, MSN at 314-805-7081 or email@example.com